Wade’s practice encompasses property tax litigation, state and local tax issues, and civil litigation. Previously, Wade was a principal at Rodi, Pollock, Pettker, Galbraith & Cahill, A Law Corporation, serving as property tax counsel since 1997. In May 2007, Wade joined the new firm of Cahill, Davis, & O’Neall, LLP. In February 2008, Wade formed his own law firm, located in Pasadena, California.
Wade received a Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Southwestern University School of Law, where he was a member of the Southwestern Law Review, a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Book Award in Contracts and a Dean’s Scholar.
Wade is a member of the California State Bar, and is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court of California, Central District. Wade also holds memberships with the Los Angeles County Bar Association, where he has served as Chairman of the State and Local Tax Committee, the Pasadena Bar Association and the Institute for Professionals in Taxation.
Wade’s practice is focused on state and local tax law with special emphasis in property tax litigation. Wade counsels and represents a wide variety of corporations in property, documentary transfer tax and business license tax matters. The clients Wade represents include power producers, golf course owners, oil refiners, aerospace research and development companies, holding corporations, computer manufacturers, for-profit hospital groups, hotels, defense contractors, real estate developers, and an NBA franchise.
Wade regularly appears before Assessment Appeals Boards, the State Board of Equalization, Superior Courts, Courts of Appeal and the California Supreme Court on behalf of his clients. Since 2003, Wade has represented power generators before the State Board of Equalization. In addition to tax litigation, Wade also counsels clients on avoiding reassessment and tax liability.
Wade provides property tax seminars for corporate property owners and for attorneys from the Southern California Bar Associations’ taxation, real property and estate planning sections regarding property tax developments.
Reducing Property Tax Assessments for Golf Courses
SC Golf Course Owners Association 2012
- Property tax
- Property tax sales
- Sales tax
- Business license tax
- Documentary transfer tax
- Transient occupancy tax
- State and local tax consultation
- California and U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1997
- Southwestern University School of Law at Los Angeles, J.D., cum laude, 1997
- California State University at Los Angeles, B.A., 1981
Associations and memberships
- Pasadena Bar Association and Los Angeles County Bar Association (Prior Chairman, State and Local Tax Section)
- State Bar of California
- County of Los Angeles v. Southern California Edison (2003) 112 Cal.App.4th 1108
- Auerbach v. Assessment Appeals Board #1 For the County of Los Angeles (2006) 39 Cal.4th 153
- Dean’s Scholar, 1994 – 1997
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Book Award — Contracts, 1995
- Member, Law Review, 1996 – 1997
- Professional Experience: Wade has been a property tax attorney for more than 12 years. He began his career at Rodi, Pollock, Pettker, Galbraith and Cahill in December 1997. He became a partner at Rodi Pollock in 2005. In 2007, Wade joined the new firm of Cahill Davis and O’Neall, again specializing in property tax matters. In 2008, Wade opened his own law firm in Pasadena, California focusing on property tax and other state and local tax law.
The Law Offices of Wade E. Norwood serves clients in Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Diego County and Sacramento County and throughout California.